Dr. Sanjeeva Srivastava
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7779
E-mail: sanjeeva [at] iitb.ac.in
Location: Room No. 304, BSBE Building
Lab web page
- Proteomics describes the study and characterization of complete set of proteins present in a cell, organ or organism at a given time. My laboratory is using high throughput proteomic techniques such as two-dimensional difference in gel electrophoresis, mass spectrometry and protein microarray etc. for biomarker discovery in cancer & tropical diseases of India such as malaria, to study protein-protein interactions and drug target discovery. Information obtained from research program is also used for in silico studies and computing models to enhance our understanding in systems approach.
- Ph.D. University of Alberta, Canada (Nov-2006)
- Post-doc, Harvard Institute of Proteomics, Harvard Medical School, USA (2007-2009)
Proteomics: Principles and Techniques, Topics in Biotechnology II, Cellular and Molecular Biology (Institute elective)
- Assistant Professor, IIT Bombay, India (2009 onwards)
Awards and Recognition
- Guest professorship – Central South University, China (May 2012)
- IIT Bombay Young Investigator of the Year 2011 (April 2012)
- Young Scientist Award DAE-BRNS (April 2010)
- DST-SERC Fast Track for Young Scientists (March 2010)
- Apple Research Technology Support (ARTS) award, UK (May 2009)
- Young Faculty Award IIT Bombay (March 2009)
- National Young Scientist Award, Canada (2005)
- Robert Simonet Graduate Award, Canada (2005)
- Rajoria, S., Nissa, M.U., Suvarna, K., Khatri, H. and Srivastava, S., 2023. Multiomics data analysis workflow to assess severity in longitudinal plasma samples of COVID-19 patients. Data in Brief, 46, p.108765. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dib.2022.108765
- Mukherjee, A., Pednekar, C.B., Kolke, S.S., Kattimani, M., Duraisamy, S., Burli, A.R., Gupta, S. and Srivastava, S., 2022. Insights on Proteomics-Driven Body Fluid-Based Biomarkers of Cervical Cancer. Proteomes, 10(2), p.13. https://doi.org/10.3390/proteomes10020013
- Mukherjee, A., Ghosh, S., Biswas, D., Rao, A., Shetty, P., Epari, S., Moiyadi, A. and Srivastava, S., 2022. Clinical Proteomics for Meningioma: An Integrated Workflow for Quantitative Proteomics and Biomarker Validation in Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissue Samples. OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology, 26(9), pp.512-520. https://doi.org/10.1089/omi.2022.0082
- Barpanda, A., Tuckley, C., Ray, A., Banerjee, A., Duttagupta, S.P., Kantharia, C. and Srivastava, S., 2022. A Protein Microarray‐Based Serum Proteomic Investigation Reveals Distinct Autoantibody Signature in Colorectal Cancer. PROTEOMICS–Clinical Applications, p.2200062. https://doi.org/10.1002/prca.202200062
- Banerjee, A., Biswas, D., Barpanda, A., Halder, A., Sibal, S., Kattimani, R., Shah, A., Mahadevan, A., Goel, A. and Srivastava, S., 2022. The first Pituitary Proteome Landscape from matched anterior and posterior lobes for a better understanding of the Pituitary Gland. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, p.100478 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcpro.2022.100478
- Biswas, D., Kumari, N., Lachén-Montes, M., Dutta, S., Agrawal, I., Samanta, D., Shenoy, S.V., Halder, A., Fernández-Irigoyen, J., Padhye, A.R. and Santamaría, E., 2022. Deep Phosphoproteome Landscape of Interhemispheric Functionality of Neuroanatomical Regions of the Human Brain. Journal of Proteome Research. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jproteome.2c00244
- Banerjee, A., Halder, A., Jadhav, P., Sarkar, A., Hole, A., Shastri, J.S., Agrawal, S., Chilakapati, M.K. and Srivastava, S., 2022. SARS‐CoV‐2 severity classification from plasma sample using confocal Raman spectroscopy. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy. https://doi.org/10.1002/jrs.6461
- Nissa, M.U., Reddy, P.J., Pinto, N., Sun, Z., Ghosh, B., Moritz, R.L., Goswami, M. and Srivastava, S., 2022. The PeptideAtlas of a widely cultivated fish Labeo rohita: A resource for the Aquaculture Community. Scientific data, 9(1), pp.1-13.
- Banerjee, A., Halder, A., Jadhav, P., Bankar, R., Pattarkine, J., Hole, A., Shah, A., Goel, A., Murali Krishna, C. and Srivastava, S., 2022. Metabolomics Profiling of Pituitary Adenomas by Raman Spectroscopy, Attenuated Total Reflection-Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, and Mass Spectrometry of Serum Samples. Analytical Chemistry, 94(34), pp.11898-11907. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.analchem.2c02487 (Cover Page Article).
- Ghosh, S., Parikh, S., Nissa, M.U., Acharjee, A., Singh, A., Patwa, D., Makwana, P., Athalye, A., Barpanda, A., Laloraya, M. and Srivastava, S., 2022. Semen Proteomics of COVID-19 Convalescent Men Reveals Disruption of Key Biological Pathways Relevant to Male Reproductive Function. ACS omega, 7(10), pp.8601-8612.
- Nissa MU, Pinto N, Mukherjee A, Reddy PJ, Ghosh B, Sun Z, Ghantasala S, Chetanya C, Shenoy SV, Moritz RL, Goswami M, Srivastava S. “Organ-Based Proteome and Post-Translational Modification Profiling of a Widely Cultivated Tropical Water Fish, Labeo rohita“ J Proteome Res. 2022. 21(2):420-437. (Cover Page Article).
List of Patents:
- Srivastava S, Patankar S, Ray S, Renu D, Dikshit JB, Subramanian K, Gogtay N, Thatte U, Taur S. Identification of surrogate protein markers for falciparum and vivax malaria using proteomic approaches [IPA No. 2195/Mum/2012; Filed on 31 July 2012].
- Srivastava S, Srivastava R, Ray S. A proteomic approach for identification of protein biomarkers in leptospirosis [IPA No. 1907/MUM/2012; Filed on 02 July 2012].
- Deputy Editor-in-chief: Current Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine
- Associate Editor:
- Journal of Integrated OMICS.
- The International Journal of Biotechnology Applications
- The International Journal of Drug Discovery
- International Journal of Proteins and Peptides
- International Journal of Systems Biology