Microscopy: In addition to routine microscopy facilities, the department has a state-of-the-art Differential Interference Contrast Microscope (DIC) and Time Lapse Video Microscope with fluorescence attachments.
Fermentation facility: The fermentation facility provides the ability to grow microorganisms for various purposes including large-scale protein purification. The facility consists of an in situ sterilizable fermenter (12 litre capacity) with continuous flow centrifugation for harvesting biomass.
Radioactivity facility: The department has a dedicated facility for working with radioactivity that includes scintillation counters.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC)
- Captive bubble surfactometer and Contact angle meter
- Spinning disc confocal microscope
- FACS ARIA Fusion
- Centrifugal lyophilizers
- CD Spectrometer
- Langmuir Blodgett trough
- Capillary surfactometer
- Concentric cylinder viscometer
- Automated hematology and coagulation analyzers
- Tissue Culture
- Radioactivity Facility
- Protein Sequencing
- Cold Room