Dr. Soumyo Mukherji
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7767
E-mail: mukherji [at] iitb.ac.in
Location: Room No. 301, BSBE Building
Lab web page
- Biosensors and Bioinstrumentation: This includes physical, chemical and biological sensing systems (macro and micro) for medical / biological applications and well as telemedicine systems.
- Cardiac Electrophysiology: The electrochemical events leading to and happening during acute myocardial ischemia and infarction
- B.Tech. Instrumentation Engineering, IIT-Kharagpur
- M.S. Colorado State University (Fort Collins, USA)
- PhD. University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, USA)
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR BIOMEDICAL ENGG., IIT BOMBAY
- PROFESSOR DEPARTMENT OF BIOSCIENCES & BIOENGINEERING, IIT BOMBAY
Awards / Honors
- Board of Governors Fellowship of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1992-1995)
- Awards from Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (1986) and Association for Improvement of Mathematics Teaching (1984)
- DST Young Scientist Award, 1999
- Anjali Khatri, Arvind Dhawangale, Soumyo Mukherji, “Single step, mould-free fabrication of polymer optical wave guides for localized surface plasmon resonance based sensing platform”, Sensors and Actuators B (Chemical) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.10.041
- S Chandra, A Dhawangale, S Mukherji, ”Hand-held optical sensor using denatured antibody coated electro-active polymer for ultra-trace detection of copper in blood serum and environmental samples”. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 110, 38-43.
- B Karunakaran, J Tharion, ARDhawangale, D Paul, S. Mukherji, “Fabrication of miniature elastomer lenses with programmable liquid mold for smartphone microscopy: curing polydimethylsiloxane with in situ curvature control,” Journal of biomedical optics, 2018.
- Khatri, Anjali; Punjabi, Nirmal; Ghosh, Dhiman; Maji, Samir K; Mukherji, Soumyo, “Detection and differentiation of α-Synuclein monomer and fibril by chitosan film coated nanogold array on optical sensor platform” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical Vol 255, 2018, pp 692-700.
- Mondal, Debasmita; Paul, Debjani; Mukherji, Soumyo “Impedance Spectroscopy-Based Detection of Cardiac Biomarkers on Polyaniline Coated Filter Paper,” IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 17 16:, 2017, pp. 5021-5029.
- Sutapa Chandra, Reshma Bharadwaj, Soumyo Mukherji, “Label free ultrasensitive optical sensor decorated with polyaniline nanofibers: characterization and immunosensing application”, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 240, 443-450, 2017.
- Nidhi Paliwal, Nirmal Punjabi, Joseph John, Member, and Soumyo Mukherji, “Design and Fabrication of Lossy Mode Resonance Based U-Shaped Fiber OpticRefractometer Utilizing Dual Sensing Phenomenon.”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 34, No. 17, September 1, 2016, pp 4186-4193.
- Reshma Bharadwaj,,SuparnaMukherjiandSoumyo Mukherji*, “Probing the localized surface plasmon field of gold nanoparticle basedfibreopticbiosensor” Plasmonics, June 2016, Volume 11, Issue 3, pp 753–761.
- Shraddha K. Chauhan, Nirmal Punjabi, D. K. Sharma andS. Mukherji, “A silicon nitride coated LSPR based fiber-optic probe for possible continuous monitoring of sucrose content in fruit juices” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical ,2016, 222, 1240-1250.
- Shekhar Agnihotri, Geetika Bajaj, Suparna Mukherji, Soumyo Mukherji*, “Arginine assisted immobilization of silver nanoparticles on ZnO nanorods: An enhanced and reusable antibacterial substrate without human cell cytotoxicity” Nanoscale 7 (16), 2015, 7415-7429.
- Shekhar Agnihotri, Soumyo Mukherji, Suparna Mukherji, “Size-controlled silver nanoparticles synthesized over the range 5-100 nm using the same protocol and their antibacterial efficacy”, RSC Advances 2014,4, 3974-3983.
- Shekhar Agnihotri, Soumyo Mukherji, Suparna Mukherji, ‘Immobilized Silver Nanoparticles Enhance Contact Killing and Show Highest Efficacy: Elucidation of the Mechanism of Bactericidal Action of Silver’ Nanoscale, 2013,5, 7328-7340.
- Indian Patent on “A Dry Method for Surface Modification of SU-8 for Immobilization of Biomolecules using Hotwire Induced Pyrolytic Process”.
- Indian Patent on “A Microheater based Sensor for Detection of Explosive Chemicals”, Inventors: Soumyo Mukherji, Vibhor Khanna, Prasanth Sankar, V.R. Rao, Tushar Verma
- Indian Patent, PCT application and US Patent on “Capillary electrophoresis Chips” , Filed.
- US Patent on “Polymer Analysis Chip” Filed
- US Patent on “Optical Fiber Probe” (2013).
- Indian Patent “Lab-on-a-chip beam-splitter for bio-sensing application”, Filed.
- Indian Patent “A method and system for velocity measurement of a fluid in a channel” Filed.
- Indian Patent “Glucose mediated facile synthesis of well dispersed gold nanoshells” Filed.
- Indian Patent “Fiber Optic Probe and a Method for Detection of Nitro Containing Compounds by using the same”, Filed.