Dr. Soumyo Mukherji
- Biosensors and Bioinstrumentation: This includes physical, chemical and biological sensing systems (macro and micro) for medical / biological applications and well as telemedicine systems.
- Cardiac Electrophysiology: The electrochemical events leading to and happening during acute myocardial ischemia and infarction
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR BIOMEDICAL ENGG., IIT BOMBAY
- PROFESSOR DEPARTMENT OF BIOSCIENCES & BIOENGINEERING, IIT BOMBAY
- Board of Governors Fellowship of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1992-1995)
- Awards from Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (1986) and Association for Improvement of Mathematics Teaching (1984)
- DST Young Scientist Award, 1999
- Shraddha K. Chauhan, Nirmal Punjabi, D. K. Sharma and S. Mukherji, “A silicon nitride coated LSPR based fiber-optic probe for possible continuous monitoring of sucrose content in fruit juices” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical , 2016, 222, 1240-1250.
- Reshma Bharadwaj, Suparna Mukherji and Soumyo Mukherji*, “Probing the localized surface plasmon field of gold nanoparticle based fibre optic biosensor” Plasmonics (2016) 11: 753. doi:10.1007/s11468-015-0106-0.
- Joseph Tharion, Jitendra Satija & Soumyo Mukherji*, “Facile Synthesis of Size-Tunable Silver Nanoparticlesby Heteroepitaxial Growth Method for Efficient NIR SERS” Plasmonics, August 2015, Volume 10, Issue 4, pp 753-763.
- Shekhar Agnihotri, Geetika Bajaj, Suparna Mukherji, Soumyo Mukherji*, “Arginine assisted immobilization of silver nanoparticles on ZnO nanorods: An enhanced and reusable antibacterial substrate without human cell cytotoxicity” Nanoscale 7 (16), 2015, 7415-7429.
- J Satija, J Tharion, S Mukherji, “Facile synthesis of size and wavelength tunable hollow gold nanostructures for the development of a LSPR based label-free fiber-optic biosensor” RSC Advances 5 (86), 2015, 69970-69979.
- Shekhar Agnihotri, Soumyo Mukherji, Suparna Mukherji, “Size-controlled silver nanoparticles synthesized over the range 5-100 nm using the same protocol and their antibacterial efficacy”, RSC Advances 2014,4, 3974-3983.
- Reshma Bharadwaj and Soumyo Mukherji*, “Gold nanoparticle coated U-bend fiber optic probe for localized surface plasmon resonance based detection of explosive vapours”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Volume 192, 1, March 2014, Pages 804-811.
- J. Satija, N. Punjabi, V.V.R. Sai, S. Mukherji, “Optimal Design for U-bent Fiber-Optic LSPR Sensor Probes” Plasmonics, April 2014, Volume 9, Issue 2, pp 251-260.
- Shekhar Agnihotri, Soumyo Mukherji, Suparna Mukherji, ‘Immobilized Silver Nanoparticles Enhance Contact Killing and Show Highest Efficacy: Elucidation of the Mechanism of Bactericidal Action of Silver’ Nanoscale, 2013,5, 7328-7340.
- Indian Patent on “A Dry Method for Surface Modification of SU-8 for Immobilization of Biomolecules using Hotwire Induced Pyrolytic Process”.
- Indian Patent on “A Microheater based Sensor for Detection of Explosive Chemicals”, Inventors: Soumyo Mukherji, Vibhor Khanna, Prasanth Sankar, V.R. Rao, Tushar Verma
- Indian Patent, PCT application and US Patent on “Capillary electrophoresis Chips” , Filed.
- US Patent on “Polymer Analysis Chip” Filed
- US Patent on “Optical Fiber Probe” (2013).
- Indian Patent “Lab-on-a-chip beam-splitter for bio-sensing application”, Filed.
- Indian Patent “A method and system for velocity measurement of a fluid in a channel” Filed.
- Indian Patent “Glucose mediated facile synthesis of well dispersed gold nanoshells” Filed.
- Indian Patent “Fiber Optic Probe and a Method for Detection of Nitro Containing Compounds by using the same”, Filed.