Dr. Ambarish Kunwar
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7799
Fax: +(91-22) 2572 3480
E-mail: akunwar [at] iitb(dot)ac(dot)in
Location: Room No. 204, BSBE Building
Lab web page
- Non-equilibrium Statistical Physics
- Computational Modeling
- Assistant Professor : Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2012
- Assistant Professor : Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, 2011-2012
- Postdoctoral Scholar : Department of Neurobiology, Physiology & Behavior, University of California Davis, 2008-2011
- Postdoctoral Scholar : Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California Irvine, 2006-2008
Selected Recent Publications
- Roop Mallik, Arpan Kumar Rai, Pradeep Barak, Ashim Rai and Ambarish Kunwar, Teamwork in Microtubule Motors, Trends in Cell Biology, doi:10.1016/j.tcb.2013.06.003
- Ankit Rai, Tilak Kumar Gupta, Sudarshan Kini, Ambarish Kunwar, Avadhesha Surolia, Dulal Panda, CXI-benzo-84 reversibly binds to tubulin at colchicine site and induces apoptosis in cancer cells, Biochemical Pharmacology, Vol. 86, 378 (2013)
- Ambarish Kunwar*, Suvranta K Tripathy*, Jing Xu, Michelle K. Mattson, Preetha Anand, Roby Sigua, Michael Vershinin, Richard J. McKenney, Clare C. Yu, Alexander Mogilner† and Steven P. Gross†, “Mechanical Stochastic Tug-of-war Models Cannot Explain Bi-directional Lipid droplet Transport”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 108, 18960, † Equal Authorship, 2011.
- Richard J. McKenney*, Micahel Vershinin*, Ambarish Kunwar, Richard B. Vallee† and Steven P. Gross†, “LIS1 and NudE Induce a Persistent Dynein Force-Producing State”, Cell, Vol. 141, 304 (2010) *,† Equal Authorship, On cover of Cell-April 16, 2010 issue
- Ambarish Kunwar and Alexander Mogilner, “Robust Transport by Multiple Motors with Non-linear Force-Velocity Relations and Stochastic Load Sharing”, Physical Biology, Vol. 7, 016012, 2010.
- Ambarish Kunwar, Michael Vershinin, Jing Xu and Steven P. Gross, “Stepping, Strain Gating, and an Unexpected Force-Velocity Curve for Multiple-Motor-Based Transport”, Current Biology, Vol. 18, 1173, 2008.