Dr. Hari Varma
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7705
E-mail: harivarma [at] iitb.ac.in
Location: Room No. 203, BSBE Building
- Developing novel optical tools for medical imaging applications.
- Laser speckle contrast imaging and diffuse correlation spectroscopy/tomography for blood flow measurements.
- Inverse problems in medical imaging: Theoretical and computational aspects of diffuse optical tomography.
- 2003: B.Tech (Instrumentation), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala
- 2006: M. Sc(Engg.) (Instrumentation), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- 2010: PhD (Instrumentation), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: Inverse Problem Research Group, Dept. of Mathematics, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland. (2010-2011)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: Medical Optics Group, Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Barcelona, Spain. (2012-2015)
- Ramalingaswamy Re-entry Fellowship 2014-2015, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), India
- Dragojevic, D.Bronzi,H.M.Varma, C.P.Valdes, C.Castellvi, F. Villa, A.Tosi, C.Justicia, F.Zappa, T.Durduran , High-speed multi-exposure laser speckle contrast imaging with a single-photon counting camera,” Biomedical Optics Express 6, 2865-2876 (2015).
- M. Varma, C. P. Valdes, A. K. Kristoffersen, J. P. Culver, and T. Durduran, Speckle contrast optical tomography: A new method for deep tissue three-dimensional tomography of blood flow ,” Biomedical Optics Express5, 1275-1289 (2014).
- P. Valdes, H. M. Varma, A. K. Kristoffersen, J. P. Culver, and T. Durduran, Speckle contrast optical spectroscopy for measuring blood flow in deep tissues,” Biomedical Optics Express5, 2769-2784 (2014).
- d. l. Rosa, l. Cervera, A. Kristoffersen, C. Valdes, H. M. Varma, C. Justicia, T. Durduran, A Chamorro, and A. Planas, Mannose-binding lectin promotes local microvascular thrombosis after transient brain ischemia in mice,” Stroke45, 1453-1459(2014).
- Hyvonen, A. K. Nandakumaran, H. M. Varma, and R. M. Vasu, Generalized eigenvalue decomposition of the field autocorrelation in correlation diffusion of photons in turbid media,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences36, 1447-1458 (2013).
- M. Varma, R.M. Vasu, and A. K. Nandakumaran, Convergence analysis of the Newton algorithm and a pseudo-time marching scheme for diffuse correlation tomography,” Journal of Optical Society of America A27, 259-267 (2010).
- M. Varma, R.M. Vasu, and A. K. Nandakumaran, Study of turbid media with light: Recovery of mechanical and optical properties from boundary measurement of intensity autocorrelation of light,” Journal of Optical Society of America A26, 1472-1483 (2009).
- M. Varma, B. Banerjee, A. K. Nandakumaran, R. M. Vasu, and D. Roy, Pseudo-time marching schemes for inverse problems in structural health assessment and medical imaging,” Current Science97, 1220-1226 (2009).
- M. Varma, R.M. Vasu, and A. K. Nandakumaran, Direct reconstruction of complex refractive index distribution from boundary measurement of intensity and normal derivative intensity,” Journal of Optical Society of America A24, 3089-3099 (2007).