Dr. Rohit Srivastava
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7746
E-mail: rsrivasta [at] iitb.ac.in
Location: Room No. 505, BSBE Building
Lab web page
Medical Diagnostic Devices, Nanoengineered Materials, BioMEMS, Photothermal Cancer Therapy
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering. Louisiana Tech University, 2005
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering from Louisiana
Tech University, Ruston, LA, USA
- B.E. Electronics Engineering. VRCE Nagpur, 1999
Signals and Systems, Biomedical Microsystems, Bio-Nanotechnology
- Professor – Dec 2015 onwards
- Associate Professor – Jan 2011 to Nov 2015
- Assistant Professor since March 2007 to Jan 2011
- Sr. Lecturer in Bioschool from Sept 2005 – March 2007
- July 1999 – July 2000: Assistant Systems Engineer at Tata Consultancy Services, SEEPZ, Mumbai
- Head of Department
- Core Committee Member of WRCB, IIT Bombay for last 5 years
- Core Committee Member for Desai Sethi Centre for Entrepreneurship, IIT Bombay for 3 years
- Committee Member for Institute Biosafety Committee, IIT Bombay for 3 years
- Member for Faculty Search Committee for last 6 years at BSBE
- Convener for Institute and Dept Best Thesis Award Committee for last 6 years at BSBE
- Member of Department Space Committee for last 6 years at BSBE
- Member of Department Post Graduate Committee for 3 years at BSBE
- STAG Member at DBT New Delhi for nanobiotechnology for 3 years
- TEC Member for DBT Nanobiotechnology, New Delhi for 5 years
- Chairman of Indo-Russia Committee in DBT New Delhi for 6 years
- TEC Member of DBT Indo Australia Committee at DBT New Delhi for 6 years
- TEC Member of all committees at BIRAC, New Delhi for 9 years
- TEC Member of BioCare, DBT New Delhi for 6 years
- Task Force member of ICMR Innovation Group for 6 years
- Task Force member of DST Instrumentation Development Programme for 6 years
- Task Force member of MHRD Stars Program
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2021 in Medical Sciences
- Himanshu Patel Chair Professor at IIT Bombay
- INAE – Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2019
- NASI – Elected Fellow 2019
- Royal Society of Biology – Elected Fellow 2019
- Royal Society of Chemistry – Elected Fellow 2019
- Shri Om Prakash Bhasin Award for Excellence in Health and Medical Sciences, 2018 – Considered the highest honour in India for Health and Medical Sciences
- NASI Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Awards 2018
- RSC – Elected Member in 2018
- DBT National Bioscience Award 2016
- Cancer Research Society of India -Best Research Award 2017
- DST – Lockheed Martin – Tata Trusts India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) 2.0 -University Challenge winners 2017
- BIRAC, Shristi and ICMR – Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2017 at Rashtrapati Bhavan Technological Edge Award
- Tata Trusts, India Health Fund – Development of therapeutics for MDR-TB
- Stars in Global Health, GCC, Canada
- Stanford MedTech Award 2016
- Lockheed Martin Corporation, US and Department of Science and Technology, Govt of India – Gold Medal 2016
- DBT Biotech Product and Process Development and Commercialization Award 2015
- IIM Ahmedabad, Shristi and Techpedia -Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2016 at Rashtrapati Bhavan -Technological Edge Award Top 5
- IIM Ahmedabad, Shristi and Techpedia – Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2015 at Rashtrapati Bhavan – Technological Edge Award Top 5
- Vasvik Award – Award in the area of Biological Sciences and Technology 2013
- DBT ABLE BEST 2014 – Biotechnology Entrepreneurship Student Team award 2014
- OPPI Award – Young Scientist Award 2014
- DBT – Tata Innovation Fellowship
- DBT IYBA 2013 , Sr IYBA award from July 2013
- HIT Lab – Healthcare Innovation World Cup 2013 -3rd prize overall amongst 150 entries with a cash award of $5000
- IIM Ahmedabad, Shristi and Techpedia – Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2013
Publications (2021, 2020)
- Singh, B.; Bahadur, R.; Rangara, M.; Gandhi, M. N.; Srivastava, R. Influence of Surface States on the Optical and Cellular Property of Thermally Stable Red Emissive Graphitic Carbon Dots. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2021, 4 (5), 4641–4651.
- Debnath, S. K.; Srivastava, R.; Debnath, M.; Omri, A. Status of Inhalable Antimicrobial Agents for Lung Infection: Progress and Prospects. Expert Rev. Respir. Med. 2021, 1–20.
- Debnath, S. K.; Srivastava, R. Drug Delivery With Carbon-Based Nanomaterials as Versatile Nanocarriers: Progress and Prospects. Front. Nanotechnol. 2021, 3, 15.
- Banavath, R.; Srivastava, R.; Bhargava, P. Improved Non-Enzymatic H2O2 Sensors Using Highly Electroactive Cobalt Hexacyanoferrate Nanostructures Prepared through EDTA Chelation Route. Mater. Chem. Phys. 2021, 267, 124593.
- Mehta, J. M.; Jain, N. K.; Chauhan, D. S.; Prasad, R.; Kumawat, M. K.; Dhanka, M.; Shanavas, A.; Srivastava, R. Emissive Radiodense Stealth Plasmonic Nanohybrid as X-Ray Contrast and Photo-Ablative Agent of Cancer Cells. Mater. Today Commun. 2021, 27, 102181.
- Jejurkar, V. P.; Yashwantrao, G.; Kumar, P.; Neekhra, S.; Maliekal, P. J.; Badani, P.; Srivastava, R.; Saha, S. Design and Development of Axially Chiral Bis(Naphthofuran) Luminogens as Fluorescent Probes for Cell Imaging. Chem. – A Eur. J. 2021, 27 (17), 5470–5482.
- Singh, D.; Singh, P.; Pradhan, A.; Srivastava, R.; Sahoo, S. K. Reprogramming Cancer Stem-like Cells with Nanoforskolin Enhances the Efficacy of Paclitaxel in Targeting Breast Cancer. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2021, 4, 3670–3685.
- Chauhan, D. S.; Dhasmana, A.; Laskar, P.; Prasad, R.; Jain, N. K.; Srivastava, R.; Jaggi, M.; Chauhan, S. C.; Yallapu, M. M. Nanotechnology Synergized Immunoengineering for Cancer. Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 2021, 163, 72–101.
- Pradhan, A.; Mishra, S.; Basu, S. M.; Surolia, A.; Giri, J.; Srivastava, R.; Panda, D. Targeted Nanoformulation of C1 Inhibits the Growth of KB Spheroids and Cancer Stem Cell-Enriched MCF-7 Mammospheres. Colloids Surfaces B Biointerfaces 2021, 202, 111702.
- Prasad, R.; Jain, N. K.; Yadav, A. S.; Jadhav, M.; Radharani, N. N. V.; Gorain, M.; Kundu, G. C.; Conde, J.; Srivastava, R. Ultrahigh Penetration and Retention of Graphene Quantum Dot Mesoporous Silica Nanohybrids for Image Guided Tumor Regression. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2021, 4, 1693–1703.
- Singh, B.; Bahadur, R.; Neekhra, S.; Gandhi, M.; Srivastava, R. Hydrothermal-Assisted Synthesis and Stability of Multifunctional Mxene Nanobipyramids: Structural, Chemical, and Optical Evolution. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2021, 13, 3011–3023.
- Khan, A.; Dias, F.; Neekhra, S.; Singh, B.; Srivastava, R. Designing and Immunomodulating Multiresponsive Nanomaterial for Cancer Theranostics. Front. Chem. 2021, 8, 631351.
- Mhatre, O.; Reddy, B. P. K.; Patnaik, C.; Chakrabarty, S.; Ingle, A.; De, A.; Srivastava, R. PH-Responsive Delivery of Anti-Metastatic Niclosamide Using Mussel Inspired Polydopamine Nanoparticles. Int. J. Pharm. 2021, 597, 120278.
- Kaur, J.; Srivastava, R.; Borse, V. Recent Advances in Point-of-Care Diagnostics for Oral Cancer. Biosens. Bioelectron. 2021, 178, 112995.
- Dhanka, M.; Pawar, V.; Chauhan, D. S.; Jain, N. K.; R.S., P.; Shetty, C.; Kumawat, M. K.; Prasad, R.; Srivastava, R. Synthesis and Characterization of an Injectable Microparticles Integrated Hydrogel Composite Biomaterial: In-Vivo Biocompatibility and Inflammatory Arthritis Treatment. Colloids Surfaces B Biointerfaces 2021, 201, 111597.
- Thomas, J.; Thangavel, P.; Peh, W. Y.; Jing, J.; Yuvaraj, R.; Cash, S. S.; Chaudhari, R.; Karia, S.; Rathakrishnan, R.; Saini, V.; Shah, N.; Srivastava, R. et al. Automated Adult Epilepsy Diagnostic Tool Based on Interictal Scalp Electroencephalogram Characteristics: A Six-Center Study. Int. J. Neural Syst. 2021, 31, 2050074.
- Peh, W. Y.; Thomas, J.; Bagheri, E.; Chaudhari, R.; Karia, S.; Rathakrishnan, R.; Saini, V.; Shah, N.; Srivastava, R.; Tan, Y. L.; et al. Multi-Center Validation Study of Automated Classification of Pathological Slowing in Adult Scalp Electroencephalograms Via Frequency Features. Int. J. Neural Syst. 2021, 2150016.
- Jain, N. K.; Dimri, S.; Prasad, R.; Ravichandran, G.; Naidu, V.; De, A.; Srivastava, R. Characteristics of Molecularly Engineered Anticancer Drug Conjugated Organic Nanomicelles for Site-Selective Cancer Cell Rupture and Growth Inhibition of Tumor Spheroids. ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2020, 3, 7067–7079.
- Kadu, P.; Pandey, S.; Neekhra, S.; Kumar, R.; Gadhe, L.; Srivastava, R.; Sastry, M.; Maji, S. K. Machine-Free Polymerase Chain Reaction with Triangular Gold and Silver Nanoparticles. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2020, 11, 10489–10496.
- Laxman, K.; Reddy, B. P. K.; Mishra, S. K.; Gopal, M. B.; Robinson, A.; De, A.; Srivastava, R.; Ravikanth, M. BF2-Oxasmaragdyrin Nanoparticles: A Non-Toxic, Photostable, Enhanced Non-Radiative Decay-Assisted Efficient Photothermal Cancer Theragnostic Agent. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 52329–52342.
- Laxman, K.; Reddy, B. P. K.; Mishra, S. K.; Robinson, A.; De, A.; Srivastava, R.; Ravikanth, M. Bioinspired Carrier-Free Peptide Conjugated BF2-Oxasmaragdyrin Dye-Based Nano Self-Assemblies: A Photostable NIR Cancer Theragnostic Agent. NPG Asia Mater. 2020, 12, 75.
- Chauhan, D. S.; Prasad, R.; Srivastava, R.; Jaggi, M.; Chauhan, S. C.; Yallapu, M. M. Comprehensive Review on Current Interventions, Diagnostics, and Nanotechnology Perspectives against SARS-CoV-2. Bioconjug. Chem. 2020, 31, 2021–2045.
- Prasad, R.; Jain, N. K.; Conde, J.; Srivastava, R. Localized Nanotheranostics: Recent Developments in Cancer Nanomedicine. Mater. Today Adv. 2020, 8, 100087.
- Thawari, A. G.; Kumar, P.; Srivastava, R.; Rao, C. P. Lysozyme Coated Copper Nanoclusters for Green Fluorescence and Their Utility in Cell Imaging. Mater. Adv. 2020, 1, 1439–1447.
- Debnath, S.; Srivastava, R.; Omri, A. Emerging Therapeutics for the Management of COVID 19. Expert Opin. Emerg. Drugs 2020, 1–15.
- Laxman, K.; Reddy, B. P. K.; Robinson, A.; Srivastava, R.; Ravikanth, M. Cell-Penetrating Peptide-Conjugated BF2-Oxasmaragdyrins as NIRF Imaging and Photothermal Agents. ChemMedChem 2020, 15, 1–6.
- Jejurkar, V. P.; Yashwantrao, G.; Reddy, B. P. K.; Ware, A. P.; Pingale, S. S.; Srivastava, R.; Saha, S. Rationally Designed Furocarbazoles as Multifunctional Aggregation Induced Emissive Luminogens for the Sensing of Trinitrophenol (TNP) and Cell Imaging. ChemPhotoChem 2020, 4, 691–703.
- Prabhuraj, R. S.; Mal, A.; Valvi, S. K.; Srivastava, R.; De, A.; Bandyopadhyaya, R. Non-Invasive Preclinical Evaluation of Targeted Nanoparticles for the Delivery of Curcumin in Treating Pancreatic Cancer. ACS Applied Bio Materials 2020, 3, 4643–4654.
|No.||Title of the IDF||Name of Inventors||IPA no.|
|P1||Polycaprolactone based plasmonic nanoshells and applications thereof||Deepak Singh Chauhan Pradeep Kumar Reddy, Mukti Vats, Rajendra Prasad and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 359768 on 26th February 2021|
|P2||A method for preparation of ultra-small polymeric nanoparticles||Abhijeet Joshi, Maruthi Prasanna, Rashmi Chaudhari and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 359332 on 24th February 2021|
|P3||A process for preparation of chitosan based hydrogel||Vaishali Pawar and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 356496 on 22nd January 2021|
|P4||Drug delivery system||Radhika Poojari, Dulal Panda and Rohit Srivastava||Granted US Patent No US10888551B2 on 12th January 2021|
|P5||A composite comprising of doxorubicin-alginate conjugate and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent and process for preparation thereof||Vaishali Pawar, Vivek Bhaskar Borse and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 355324 on 05th January 2021|
|P6||TPGS comprised gold coated poly- (lactic-co-glycolic acid) nanostructures and a process for its preparation||Deepak Singh Chauhan, Radhika Poojari, Aravind Kumar Rengan, Asifkhan Shanavas , Abhijit De, Amirali Bakarali Bukhari and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 354678 on 29th December 2020|
|P7||Triple action concoction for the complete postoperative management after partial or total knee replacement and process for preparation thereof||Vaishali Pawar, Gautam Shetty, Arun Mullaji and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 354046 on 18th December 2020|
|P8||A process for synthesis of protein derived branched gold nanostructures||Sisini Sasidharan, Dhirendra Bahadur and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 353933 on 17th December 2020|
|P9||Fluorescent gold nanorods and method of preparation thereof||Rajendra Prasad, Deepak Singh Chauhan, Janhavi Devrukhar, Ramkrishn Gupta and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 350710 on 3rd November 2020|
|P10||Hemosealant composition and process for preparation thereof||Shruti Mankar, Yasodha kannan Sivasamy and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 347890 on 28th September 2020|
|P11||Cyclodextrin capped gold nanostructures and a method of preparation thereof||Jaya Raju Lakkakula, Deepika Divakaran Tharayil, Mukeshchand Thakur, Mukesh Kumar Kumawat and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 346767 on 15th September 2020|
|P12||Dual therapeutic disintegrable GNR-liposome nanohybrid for plasmonic photothermal cancer theragnostic||Deepak Singh Chauhan, Rajendra Prasad, Selvaraj Kaliaperumal and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 345343 on 27th August 2020|
|P13||Targeted polymeric nano-complexes as drug delivery system||Radhika Poojari, Dulal Panda and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 344742 on 21st August 2020|
|P14||Nano-in-Micro formulation as biosensors||Rohit Srivastava, Abhijeet Joshi and Rashmi Chaudhary||Granted Indian Patent No: 339797 on 29th June 2020|
|P15||Near infra-red hybrid nanomaterials and graphene oxide for theranostics applications||Deepak Singh Chauhan, Mukesh Kumar Kumawat and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 339645 on 29th June 2020|
|P16||Pharmaceutically active formulation for healing bone fractures||Gautam Shetty, Arun Mullaji, Shreya Agrawal and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 339582 on 26th June 2020|
|P17||Zein-gold nanoshells and applications thereof||Deepak Singh Chauhan, Arunkumar P., Indulekha S. and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 319491 on 30th August 2019|
|P18||Multifunctional polymeric nanocarrier||Radhika Poojari, Dulal Panda and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No. 317866 on 07th August 2019|
|P19||Drug delivery system||Radhika Poojari, Dulal Panda and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No. 315542 on 04th July 2019|
|P20||Multilayer Nanocomposite||Asifkhan Shanavas, Dhirendra Bahadur, Dhirenkumar Sonara, Mohd Aslam and Rohit Srivastava||Granted Indian Patent No: 271416 on 19th February 2016|
|P21||Glucose biosensor system coupled with an anti-inflammatory module and methods for using the same||Rohit Srivastava, Rahul Dev Jayant and Ayesha Chaudhary||Granted US Patent No US 8916136 B2 on 23rd Dec 2014|