Dr. Dulal Panda
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7838
E-mail: panda [at] iitb.ac.in
Location: Room No. 401, BSBE Building
- Eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell division, microtubule dynamics, mitosis, cancer chemotherapy, FtsZ assembly dynamics, and FtsZ targeted antibacterial drugs and biomolecular spectroscopy
- Ph. D. (1994), Bose Institute, Kolkata (Biochemistry)
- June 2011 – to date: Chair Professor, Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay
- 2008 March to 2011 May: Head, Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay
- 2007- till date: Professor, Department of Bioscience and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay
- 2003 : Associate Professor, School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay
- 2000 – 2003: Assistant Professor, School of Bioscience and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay
- 1998 – 2000: Assistant Research Biologist, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
Molecular Biosensor, Topics in Biotechnology, Biochemistry laboratory
- Fellow of Indian National Science Academy
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences
- Fellow of National Academy of Sciences, India
- Sun Pharma Research Award
- JC Bose National Fellowship, DST India
- TATA Innovation Fellowship – DBT India
- G. N. Ramachandran Gold Medal (CSIR INDIA)
- DAE-SRC outstanding research investigator award
- CDRI excellence in drug research
- S. C. Bhattacharya award excellence in basic sciences IIT Bombay
- National Biosciences Award, DBT, Govt of India
- Swarnajayanti Fellowship, DST, New Delhi
- P. S. Sharma Memorial Award, Society of Biological Chemists
- Member of the Guha Research Conference
- Fogarty International Research Award, National Institute of Health, USA (2001).
Editorial board member
- Associate Editor – BMC Molecular and Cell Biology
- Kumari, A., Shriwas, O., Sisodiya, S., Santra, M.K., Guchhait, S.K., Dash, R., & Panda, D. Microtubule-targeting agents impair kinesin 2-dependent nuclear transport of β-catenin: Evidence of inhibition of Wnt/β-catenin signaling as an important antitumor mechanism of microtubule-targeting agents. The FASEB Journal, 2021, 35(4), e21539. DOI: 10.1096/fj.202002594R.
- Mundhara, N., Majumder, A., and Panda, D., Hyperthermia induced disruption of mechanical balance leads to G1 arrest and senescence in cells. Biochemical Journal., 2021, 478, 179-196.
- Battaje, R. R., Bhondwe, P., Dhaked, H. P. S., and Panda, D., Evidence of conformational switch in Streptococcus pneumoniae FtsZ during polymerization. Protein Science 2021, 30, 523-530.
- Poojari, R., Sawant, A. V., Kini, S., Srivastava, R., and Panda, D. Antihepatoma activity of multifunctional polymeric nanoparticles via inhibition of microtubules and tyrosine kinases. Nanomedicine, 2020, 15, 381-396.
- Rane, J. S., Kumari, A., and Panda, D. The acetyl mimicking mutation, K274Q in tau enhances the metal binding affinity of tau and reduces the ability of tau to protect DNA. ACS Chemical Neuroscience, 2020,11, 291-303.