Dr. Sandip Kaledhonkar
Phone: +(91-22) 2576 7706
E-mail: sandipk [at] iitb.ac.in
Location: Room No. , BSBE Building
PhD Fellowships are available for student(s) with biology/biotechnology/physics/chemistry/enginerring backgound.
Postdoctoral Fellowship position(s) available with computational biology and biochemistry/structral biology backgound.
Internships are not available at this time.
For more information on Ph.D. and Postdoctoral fellowship please write to sandipk[at]iitb.ac.in
- Structural Biology, single particle cryo-EM, cryo Electron Tomography, Time-resolved techniques
- B.Sc. (Physics) : University of Pune , Pune, India 2002
- M.Sc. (Physics): University of Pune , Pune, India 2004
- PhD. (Physics) : Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA 2013
- 2004-2005: Research Fellow at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- 2005-2006: Research Fellow at Defense Institute of Armament Technology, Pune
- 2013-2019: Postdoctoral Scientist at Frank Lab Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics Columbia University, New York, NY USA
- 2012: Outstanding Research Assistant, Department of Physics, Oklahoma State University, USA
- 2010: Outstanding Teaching Assistant, Department of Physics, Oklahoma State University, USA
- Kaledhonkar, S., Fu, Z., Caban, K., Li, W., Chen, B., Sun, M., Gonzales, R.L., and Frank, J. (2019). Late steps in bacterial translation initiation visualized using time-resolved cryo-EM. Nature570, 400-404.
- Fu, Z., Indrisiunaite, G., Kaledhonkar, S., Shah, B., Sun, M., Chen, B., Grassucci, R.A., Ehrenberg, M., and Frank, J. (2019). The structural basis for release factor activation during translation termination revealed by time-resolved cryogenic electron microscopy. Nature Communications10, 2579.
- Kaledhonkar, S.,Fu, Z., White, H., and Frank, J. (2018). Time-Resolved Cryo-electron Microscopy Using a Microfluidic Chip. In Protein Complex Assembly, J.A. Marsh, ed. (City, Humana Press), pp. 59-71.
- Feng, X., Fu, Z., Kaledhonkar, S., Jia, Y., Shah, B., Jin, A., Liu, Z., Sun, M., Chen, B., Grassucci, R.A., Ren, Y., Jiang, H., Frank, J., and Lin, Q. (2017). A Fast and Effective Microfluidic Spraying-Plunging Method for High-Resolution Single-Particle Cryo-EM. Structure25, 663-670.
- Fu, Z., Kaledhonkar, S., Borg, A., Sun, M., Chen, B., Grassucci, R.A., Ehrenberg, M., and Frank, J. (2016). Key Intermediates in Ribosome Recycling Visualized by Time-Resolved Cryoelectron Microscopy. Structure24, 2092–2101.
- Chen, B., Kaledhonkar, S., Sun, M., Shen, B., Lu, Z., Barnard, D., Lu, T., Gonzalez, R.L., and Frank, J. (2015). Structural dynamics of ribosome subunit association studied by mixing-spraying time-resolved cryo-EM. Structure23, 1097–1105.
- Kaledhonkar, S., Miwa Hara, T. Page Stalcup, Aihua Xie, Wouter D. Hoff. (2013)., Strong ionic hydrogen bond causes spectral isotope effect in p-coumaric acid chromophore of photoactive yellow protein from Salinibacter rubber, J., 110: 2577-2585