Separation techniques in biochemistry: Centrifugation, TLC and Paper chromatography, gel permeation, ion exchange, hydrophobic, reverse-phase and affinity chromatography, HPLC and FPLC, Electrophoretic techniques, Criteria of protein purity, equilibrium dialysis, ultrafiltration and various membrane techniques, API-electrospray and MALDI-TOF, Mass spectrometery, Radiotracer techniques for enzyme assays, receptor-ligand interactions; radioimmunoassay, ELISA.
- D. Holme & H. Peck; Analytical Biochemistry. Longman, 1983.
- T.G. Cooper; The Tools of Biochemistry. Wiley Intersciences, 1977.
- R. Scopes; Protein Purification – Principles & Practices. Springer Verlag, 1982.
- Selected readings from Methods in Enzymology, Academic Press.
- R.C. Price, Proteins. Lafbax Academic Press 1996.