The Human Infectious Diseases HPP initiative (HID-HPP) is a world-wide coordinated enterprise toencourage and promote collaboration between scientists working on proteomics studies related to infectious diseases caused by virus, bacteria, fungi and parasites.
The HID-HPP initiative was first devised during the 13th HUPO world congress held in Madrid 2014 and eventually settled during the Vancouver 2015 HUPO congress where the following topics were discussed:
- How can the scientists working in proteomics of infectious diseases collaborate?
- Development of SRM methods for detection and quantification of human and microbial proteins
- Detection and quantification of these proteins by affinity or antibodies based technologies
- Building of a web site to freely access data
- Dissemination of HID-HPP activities (reports, special issues, etc.)
- Organization and future actions
- Characterization of microbial-host protein interaction networks
- Identification of host factors as antimicrobial therapeutic targets